dovecot-pigeonhole problems after upgrade to v2.3.0

Fabian A. Santiago fsantiago at garbage-juice.com
Thu Dec 28 21:51:46 EET 2017

December 28, 2017 1:21 PM, "Aki Tuomi" <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> wrote:

>> On December 28, 2017 at 7:43 PM "Fabian A. Santiago" <fsantiago at garbage-juice.com> wrote:
>>
>> December 28, 2017 12:14 PM, "Aki Tuomi" <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> wrote:
>>
>> On December 28, 2017 at 7:07 PM "Fabian A. Santiago" <fsantiago at garbage-juice.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After upgrading to dovecot 2.3.0, my sieve filtering is broken. I managed it via roundcube's
>>
>> managesieve plugin. my emails are not being filtered accordingly into their folders and when i
>> attempt to access the filter interface in roundcube, my maillog reports:
>>
>> Can you enable mail_debug=yes and provide logs when mail is delivered?
>>
>> Dec 28 12:05:07 mail roundcube: <gs7miohh> PHP Error: Unable to connect to managesieve on
>> 127.0.0.1:4190 in /var/www/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/lib/Roundcube/rcube_sieve_engine.php
>> on line 222 (GET /mail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)
>> Dec 28 12:05:07 mail roundcube: ERROR: Not currently in AUTHORISATION state (1)
>> Dec 28 12:05:07 mail httpd: ERROR: Failed to write to socket: connection lost ()
>>
>> This appears to be problem with managesieved, not sieve filters.
>>
>> Now I'm willing to consider the possibility that the RC plugin doesn't work with v2.3.0 of dovecot
>> sieve but why wouldn't my current sieve filters be functional?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Fabian S.

>> no, i believe it's in dovecot. upon further inspection, dovecot.log reports:
>>
>> mail dovecot: master: Error: service(managesieve-login): command startup failed, throttling for 4
>> secs
>>
>> dovecot-sieve.log reports:
>>
>> mail dovecot: managesieve-login: Fatal: master: service(managesieve-login): child 5988 returned
>> error 127
>> Dec 28 12:04:07 mail dovecot: managesieve-login: Error: dovecot/managesieve-login: error while
>> directory
>>
>> do you still need the debug logs?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Fabian S.

> Uh, this looks like botched install. Do you have mixed both self-compiled and packaged version or
> something?
>
> Aki

no; it was originally installed on a bare minimal install of centos from the default repos (I had probably also added epel beforehand so whichever dovecot comes from is where it did originally). i then added your announced repo and ran yum update.

your repo site's front page also states to run yum update followed by yum upgrade but on centos 7.4 yum update suffices and updates your packages. that's what i did.

I've never self-compiled anything dovecot.

should i simply reinstall it?

--

Thanks,

Fabian S.