dovecot-pigeonhole problems after upgrade to v2.3.0

Fabian A. Santiago fsantiago at garbage-juice.com
Fri Dec 29 16:08:43 EET 2017

December 28, 2017 6:38 PM, "Peter" <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> On 29/12/17 10:00, Fabian A. Santiago wrote:
>
>> i've now completely uninstalled all traces of dovecot and reinstalled
>> from your repo and still the same issue persists with the same
>> errors.
>
> I'd be interested to know if the dovecot23* packages in GhettoForge
> Testing have the same issue:
>
> http://mirror.ghettoforge.org/distributions/gf/el/7/testing/x86_64
>
> Peter

ok, the gf dovecot23 packages work and i have my sieve back now. BUT, initially it didn't but the dovecot-sieve.log produced a different error:

Error: Plugin 'stats' not found from directory /usr/lib64/dovecot

this caused me to re-examine my dovecot.conf and i did have in it on the main plugins line:

mail_plugins = " stats quota mailbox_alias acl"

i suspect this was a remnant of my prior dovecot version. so i removed stats and now all is working fine. the dovecot community repo version's errors never mentioned the stats issue. could that have been the cause of my issue all along (Aki?)?

Thanks everyone and Peter for mentioning the gf packages.

--

Thanks,

Fabian S.