Random delivery

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 09:17:18 EET 2017

"Jorge Bastos" <mysql.jorge at decimal.pt> writes:

> I?d like to achieve something that i don?t know if it?s possible.

It's almost always possible; it really depends on how much work
you want to do.

> I have account info at domain.tld and when an email is received, I want to
> forward it to several accounts, always in this order:
>
> ?  Email1 at domain.tlf
> ?  Email2 at domain.tld
> ?  Email3 at domain.tld

Others have suggested a postfix method.  You can also pipe it to a script
that will select a destination to forward to alias "info at domain.tld" to
"|/my/selector|script".  This will work both in Postfix, sendmail, and probably
most other MTAs.

If you actually want randomization (rather than sequential round-robin),
you can simplify because you won't need to record the last delivery.  Use
/dev/urandom or unix time() mod 3 to select forwarding address.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>