Compiling Dovecot on Solaris 10

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Feb 3 20:28:22 UTC 2017

On 02/03/2017 03:22 PM, KSB wrote:
> A bit offtopic, but I'm interested what's the point of using so old OS
> (support still exists though)?

   Short version: It works.

   Long version:

   Solaris 10 is still supported; the production systems here are
patched up to current as of last week.  So while the base release is
quite a few years old, the OS installed on these systems is considered
current.  When support and a current patch stream are no longer
available, we will revisit our configuration.

   For these production systems, there is currently no need for any
capability or feature that exists only in "newer" OS releases.  When
that changes, we will revisit our configuration.

   Until then, it's rock solid and does everything required of it.
There are no problems to be addressed.  At least here, we don't fix
things that aren't broken.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ