Replacement for antispam plugin

Zhang Huangbin zhb at iredmail.org
Fri Feb 10 17:22:20 UTC 2017

> On Feb 11, 2017, at 12:50 AM, Ralph Seichter <dovecot-ml at seichter.de> wrote:
>
> Check out https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/IMAPSieve,

My concern is, will you experience any lag while moving message?

According to the doc, this plugin works like “pipe” backend of old “antispam” plugin, when you move a message from INBOX to Junk, the antispam plugin calls sa-learn, and you will experience noticeable lag on webmail (i used Roundcube webmail for testing) until sa-learn finished. It's much worse if you move multiple emails at the same time, because we have to wait for sa-learn to learn all moved messages.

I switched to “spool2dir” backend of old “antispam” plugin, and call sa-learn hourly to learn spam/ham. Since it simply copies moved message(s), no lag on webmail side at all, our users are satisfied.

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: http://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).