dovecot config for 1500 simultaneous connection

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:59:51 UTC 2017

"Rajesh M" <24x7server at 24x7server.net> writes:

> during peak times here are the results for connections
>
> [root at ns1 domains]# doveadm who |grep imap |wc -l
> username                # proto (pids)                             (ips)
> 631
> [root at ns1 domains]# doveadm who |grep pop3 |wc -l
> username                # proto (pids)                          (ips)
> 233

Thare are user counts, not connections.  Ae a user can launch multiple
IMAP connections, and if they have some MaxOSX reader, that can peak to
several dozens during searches.

This counts connections

 	doveadm who | awk '/imap/{m+=$2}/pop3/{n+=$2}END{print m,n}'

Or you can parse the output of netstat.

I'm suprised you have so many POP3 connections though -- they tend to be
connect/process/disconnect.  n=0 most of the time on my modest server.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>