Managesieve cannot access script store

dovelist dovelist at tesla.demon.nl
Sat Feb 11 14:24:23 UTC 2017

OK, I've figured it out:

In the dovecot profile for apparmor the sieve directory is not
confgured. I solved it this way:

To configure only one directory in the apparmor profile, I placed the
active-script link inside the .sieve  directory. Keeping the scripts
separate in a store subdirectory, like this:
In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-sieve.conf :

    sieve = file:~/.sieve/store;active=~/.sieve/active.sieve

Then dovecot is granted access by adding the .sieve directory in the
apparmor profile. The dovecot file in the tunables directory seems to be
a neat way to that:
In /etc/apparmor.d/tunables/dovecot :

    @{DOVECOT_MAILSTORE}=@{HOME}/Maildir/ /var/spool/mail/
@{HOME}/.sieve/

Ofcourse the .sieve directory is not really a MAILSTORE. But this way,
the configuration stays close to the defaults. I didn't find something
like DOVECOT_SIEVESTORE, which would be more appropriate.

After restart of apparmor and dovecot, it works!

@Stephan: thanks for the advice - it did help to pinpoint the problem!

Regards,
Rogier