no Authnticationmethode from outlook to Imap

Maurizio Caloro mauric at gmx.ch
Sat Feb 11 14:45:19 UTC 2017

Hello

Debian, with postfix and Dovecot Imap "2.2.13" running.

If I want connect from Outlook or Thunderbird I will become this error:
Plaintext disalowd on non secure SSL/TLS Connection.

but I will that this run with secure connection, I don't have any intention
to use Plaintext auth.

Also I don't know why, dovecot will switch from IMAP --> POP3-Login. Or it's
this Outlook that will ask for it.

10-ssl.conf

                SSL = yes

10-auth.conf

disable_plaintext_auth = yes

Mail.log

pop3-login: Info: Disconnected (tried to use disallowed plaintext auth):
user=<>, rip=IP, lip=ip, session=<bnmZNB1AUZ+Blw>

Regards