no Authnticationmethode from outlook to Imap

Christian Kivalo ml+dovecot at valo.at
Sat Feb 11 19:07:22 UTC 2017

Am 11. Februar 2017 17:08:55 MEZ schrieb Maurizio Caloro <mauric at gmx.ch>:
>Thanks for your feedback......
>
>I use 143 and if using 993 tell the system the the Certificate are
>wrong ???
You are using a self-signed certificate and the certificate. That is ok, you need to make outlook accept the certificate. I don't know outlook but maybe you get a message and can accept the certificate?

For a secure connection on port 143 enable the use of starttls in your outlook account, this way encryption is enabled after the initial connect to dovecot.

Connection to port 993 (imaps) is encrypted from the start and secure too.

To get rid of the certificate warning you need a proper certificate from e.g. lets encrypt