v2.2.28 release candidate released

James lista at xdrv.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 12:06:37 UTC 2017

On 20/02/2017 10:15, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> http://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/rc/dovecot-2.2.28.rc1.tar.gz

I had a minor problem on build.  I have configured without compression,
[ZFS is providing it]:

./configure \
... \
--with-bzlib=no \
--with-zlib=no \
--with-lzma=no \
--with-lz4=no \

src/lib-compression/istream-zlib.c uses "#ifdef HAVE_ZLIB" to prevent
compiling the compression methods but test-compression.c tries to use these:

Undefined			first referenced
  symbol  			    in file
i_stream_create_gz                  test-compression.o
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to test-compression

I avoided the problem by hacking out compression-test from the makefile
src/lib-compression/Makefile.in

Otherwise rc1 is working with Solaris 10 / Sun Studio 12.5 - thank you.