Sieve and multi-auth databases

dovecot at avv.solutions dovecot at avv.solutions
Tue Feb 21 16:19:03 UTC 2017

Hello Community,

I am currently facing the following:

- dovecot+postfix+sieve are running smoothly using passwd-file
authentication
- if a add a second authentication scheme (let's say mysql), I face a
problem with sieve:
     -- receiving thru postfix is ok on both passwd-file and mysql
entries and correctly stored
     -- I am able to send from the server as before
     ** BUT sieve
         == does not authenticate anymore from a client (using the same
configuration as before ie using imap credentials)
         == does not process the messages anymore

Digging in the sieve logs, it reports not finding the scripts anymore
for existing accounts found in the passwd-file

Any idea?

Thank you!

  - - - - + - - - -
# Here is the 90-sieve.conf:

plugin {
   sieve =
file:/sd/MAIL_IMAP_POP/%d/%n/_dovecot-sieve;active=/sd/MAIL_IMAP_POP/%d/%n/_dovecot-sieve-active
   sieve_default = /sd/myhost/var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve

   sieve = /sd/MAIL_IMAP_POP/%d/%n/__Sieve

   sieve_global_dir = /sd/myhost/var/lib/dovecot/sieve/global/

   sieve_before = /sd/MAIL_IMAP_POP/SieveBefore
   sieve_after = /sd/MAIL_IMAP_POP/%d/SieveAfter/
   sieve_after2 = /sd/MAIL_IMAP_POP/SieveAfter/

   sieve_plugins = sieve_extprograms
   sieve_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.filter
   sieve_filter_bin_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve-filters

}

  - - - - + - - - -
# Authentication for SQL users. Included from 10-auth.conf.
passdb sql {
   driver = sql
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   # Associated query:
   # password_query = SELECT email as user, password FROM virtual_users
WHERE email='%u';
}

userdb sql {
   driver = static
   args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/sd/MAIL_IMAP_POP/%d/%n:LAYOUT=fs
}