Replacement for antispam plugin

Andy R spinner.dc at delphinidae.org.uk
Tue Feb 28 22:42:21 UTC 2017

Greetings to the list :)

I've been meaning to ask a couple of questions about the imapsieve for
antispam.

Firstly, I guess that the example at the bottom of the page
"https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/IMAPSieve"  is meant
to link to the new example at
"https://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/AntispamWithSieve" now?

Also... in "imapsieve_mailboxX_name = ${directory}"  is the string a
literal, or is it working with the 'special use' flagged directories
from the xx-mailboxes.conf? I'm asking as though I only have a few users
to worry about, different mail clients each have their favourite special
folders. IE thunderbird uses "junk" but one Outlook express version
likes "Junk E-mail" and I have a different favourite from another
version of OE too. So in mailboxes.conf I just added extra special use
lines which seemed to make things happy. Otherwise I ended up with the
server configured 'spam' folder showing as basic folder, and then each
client adding it's own chosen spamfolder each time too.

But, if the imapsieve is only matching to literal foldernames, should I
just duplicate the trigger lines for each type of junk folder or is
there a method to have the sieve script enumerate all the options listed
by 'special use'  or is there a better method for this? I want to put
the spam-mail-filing script as a global sieve script as all users will
need it, rather than duplicating out for each user.

Many thanks ,

Andy R