two listeners with different "driver = " configs

Sami Ketola sami.ketola at dovecot.fi
Mon Jan 2 16:22:12 UTC 2017

> On 31 Dec 2016, at 11.38, mj <lists at merit.unu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does the lack of replies mean that what I'm asking is not possible?
>
> (or am I missing something SO obvious that nobody bothers to point it out..?)

It is difficult.

what you might be able to do is to configure multiple inet_listeners and then use CoS setup with multiple passdb:s.

something like:

service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    port = 143
  }
  inet_listener imap2 {
    port = 144
  }
}

and then in first passdb fetch configuration variables:

passdb {
  driver = passwd-file
  args = username_format=port_%{lport} /etc/dovecot/extrasettings.passwd
  result_failure = continue
  result_internalfail = continue
  result_success = continue
}
passdb {
	….
}

and in second passdb {} you can use %{passdb:variables} that you set in the first passdb. Probably can’t set driver = %{passdb:driver} tough..

maybe with setup like this you can achieve what you want.

Sami