.dovecot.sieve location issue

Jibeji jbjbay at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:31:37 UTC 2017

Hello,
I am trying to set sieve up on a Centos 7 server.
It's a configuration with postfix, Maildir, MySQL and virtual domains which
works fine.

I have created a simple .dovecot.sieve in the user's directory:

# cat /home/mail/domain.com/user/.dovecot.sieve
require "fileinto";
redirect "other_address at other_domain.com";

Here are the logs:

dovecot: lda(user at domain.com): Debug: sieve: Pigeonhole version 0.4.2
initializing
lda(user at domain.com): Debug: sieve: include: sieve_global_dir is not set;
it is currently not possible to include `:global' scripts.
dovecot: lda(user at domain.com): Debug: sieve: script file /home/mail/
domain.com/.dovecot.sieve not found
dovecot: lda(user at domain.com): Debug: sieve: user's script ~/.dovecot.sieve
doesn't exist (trying default script location instead)
lda(user at domain.com): Debug: sieve: no default script configured for user
lda(user at domain.com): Debug: sieve: user has no valid location for a
personal script
lda(user at domain.com): Debug: sieve: no scripts to execute: reverting to
default delivery.
dovecot: lda(user at domain.com): msgid=<005b01d269ca$f287ebf0$d797c3d0$@fr>:
saved mail to INBOX

It tells that user's script ~/.dovecot.sieve doesn't exis

However, on the troubleshooting guide, I can see these logs:

dovecot: lda(hendrik): Debug: sieve: using sieve path for user's script:
/home/hendrik/.dovecot.sieve
dovecot: lda(hendrik): Debug: sieve: opening script
/home/hendrik/.dovecot.sieve

As you can see, it refers to "lda(hendrik)" but not "lda(user at domain.com"

I am wondering whether Sieve looks for the file elsewhere than /home/mail/
domain.com/user/.dovecot.sieve

Do you have any idea?