Sieve removeflag Action

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Fri Jan 13 08:15:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

I recently noticed that some of my automatically processed mails do no longer show flags with current Dovecot builds. This used to work before, not sure what broke it or whether I used it in the wrong way. When the removeflag line is dropped *both* messages get flagged in the client, one in INBOX and one in Trash. With removeflag in place, *both* messages are unflagged, the one in INBOX and the one in Trash. This used to work differently before if memory doesn't fail me.

#Test
if address :is "From" "user at example.com"
        {
        addflag "\\Flagged $MailFlagBit1";
        keep;
        removeflag "\\Flagged $MailFlagBit1";
        fileinto "Trash";
        }

# 2.2.devel (01867a4): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.devel (3c071a4)
# OS: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 8.6

Regards
Thomas