Dynamic autoexpunge for IMAP folders

Thorsten Hater thorsten.hater at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:40:20 UTC 2017

Dear all,

is there a way to allow users to set up something like autoexpunge
on an individual IMAP folder basis?

The idea I implemented does not seem to work, namely returning

namespace/inbox/mailbox/Bla/autoexpunge=6h

from a userdb, which results in

Debug: Unknown userdb setting:
plugin/namespace/inbox/mailbox/Bla/autoexpunge=6h

>From older questions on the mailing list I gather that the mailbox Bla
needs to be set up in the config before I can override its fields. If there
is a way around this, I would gladly use this.

Another solution that comes to mind would be to use a table-driven cron
job, but
I would prefer the cleanup to be triggered at delivering and/or moving mail.

Best regards,
  Thorsten