fts_solr and connection via https://

Jan Vonde mail at jan-von.de
Sun Jan 22 09:01:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am trying to get fts_solr working and my index server is available via
HTTPS only. Dovecot is running on a Debian Jessie system and the Solr
server has a letsencrypt certificate.

My dovecot version is:
  2.2.devel (a9ed8ae)

The current setup is:

10-mail.conf:
  mail_plugins = fts fts_solr

90-fts.conf:
  plugin {
   fts = solr
   fts_autoindex = yes
   fts_solr = url=https://foo.example.com/solr/dovecot/
  }

When I try to index the mailboxes I am getting error messages like this:
  doveadm(user at host): Error: fts_solr: Lookup failed: 9002 Couldn't
initialize SSL context: Can't verify remote server certs without trusted
CAs (ssl_client_ca_* settings)
  doveadm(user at host): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Status lookup failed:
Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.
[2017-01-22 09:52:38]
  Segmentation fault

Contacting the index server via curl on the command line on the same
host works, it returns HTTP 200:

user at host ~ $  curl -s -o /dev/null -w "%{http_code}"
https://foo.example.com/solr/
200
user at host ~ $

Currently I have the following ssl related settings:
user at host ~ $   doveconf -n -P | grep -i ssl
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/mail.example.org.crt
ssl_cipher_list =
ALL:!LOW:!SSLv2:ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/mail.example.org.key
ssl_protocols = !SSLv2 !SSLv3

I tried adding the following settings but that didn't help:
  ssl_ca = < /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
  ssl_client_ca_dir = /etc/ssl/certs

Can you give me a hint how I can get the ssl certificate accepted?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Jan :-)