Master auth only

Sami Ketola sami.ketola at dovecot.fi
Mon Jul 10 14:23:49 EEST 2017

> On 10 Jul 2017, at 12.33, azurit at pobox.sk wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to configure Dovecot proxy with user authentication on proxy side only, so backends will authenticate using master password (proxy is configured to send it). The problem is that Dovecot, on backends, is telling me that i need to configure at least one auth mechanism:
>
> auth: Fatal: No passdbs specified in configuration file. LOGIN mechanism needs one
>

> The master auth is correctly configured.
>
> I want to accomplished to have user database only on one place (=proxy). Any hints?

In the config sample provided in another mail you have configured master *user* passdb but
in this mail you talk about master password passdb? which one it is?

I think for what you are trying to achieve, master password auth is more suitable. So change your
passdb to something like this:

passdb {
  driver = static
  args = password=masterpassword