Cannot Authenticate user with Kerberos/GSSAPI

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 00:03:56 EEST 2017

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017, Joseph Tam wrote:

> ... successful authentication via GSSAPI!  From the log files you've shown,
> you were able to authenticate "dsmith".  Your mail reader tells you
> otherwise?

Oops, I didn't see your previous comment

 	  "The Kerberos/GSSAPI ticket was not accepted by the IMAP server ...  please check that you
 	  are logged into the Kerberos/GSSAPI realm."

I have only passing knowledge of Kerberos, but don't you
have to klogin (login script or PAM) to join the Kerberos
realm before getting service tickets?  This appears to be
what the TB message is hinting at.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>