observium graphs

Thomas Reifferscheid thomas at reifferscheid.org
Sat Jul 15 20:59:31 EEST 2017

Hello dovecot list,

I'm in the middle of creating a plugin for observium[1] and would like
to have it create[2] statistical graphs of my dovecot server [3].
The current state can be found here:
https://image.ibb.co/efOO9a/dovecot.png

However for visibility purposes it doesnt make sense and have observium
plot two data sources with different orders of magnitudes right into one
graph. So I'd like to ask for your valuable recommendations as for:

- What kind of data should be graphed? Global stats or on a per domain
level?

- What data types to graph? (e.g. stats, getrusage, io, storage, auth
check https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Statistics#line-65 for details)

- What values should be combined into a single graph?

- How often would you reset stats (cronjob calling doveadm stats reset)?

Thanks
Thomas

[1]: http://www.observium.org/

[2]: http://docs.observium.org/apps/