under some kind of attack

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Jul 20 22:18:26 EEST 2017

On 07/20/2017 08:47 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Ok I understand, not a bad idea, report how it works for you

That "report how it works for you" was exactly why I posted the fail2ban
failregex back to the list. :-) So others can use it too.

It works fantastic, and I ombined it now with blocking complete
countries at the firewall-level.

Users have their regular three login tries, and get a password dialogue
if they changed their password.

(which many did, in the light of this attack)

And the last botnet attempts remaining, using "password" etc are blocked
instantly.

Works nicely. :-)

Now I want to implement application specific passwords, I will post
about that in a seperate message. As you have been such a great help,
perhaps you can also help a little bit in that thread...?

Thanks again,
MJ