v2.2.30 released

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 12:14:23 EEST 2017

On 30 May 2017 at 21:16, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> https://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2.30.tar.gz
> https://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2.30.tar.gz.sig
>
>  * auth: Use timing safe comparisons for everything related to
>    passwords. It's unlikely that these could have been used for
>    practical attacks, especially because Dovecot delays and flushes all
>    failed authentications in 2 second intervals. Also it could have
>    worked only when passwords were stored in plaintext in the passdb.
>  * master process sends SIGQUIT to all running children at shutdown,
>    which instructs them to close all the socket listeners immediately.
>    This way restarting Dovecot should no longer fail due to some
>    processes keeping the listeners open for a long time.
>
>  + auth: Add passdb { mechanisms=none } to match separate passdb lookup
>  + auth: Add passdb { username_filter } to use passdb only if user
>    matches the filter. See https://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase
>  + dsync: Add dsync_commit_msgs_interval setting. It attempts to commit
>    the transaction after saving this many new messages. Because of the
>    way dsync works, it may not always be possible if mails are copied
>    or UIDs need to change.
>  + imapc: Support imapc_features=search without ESEARCH extension.
>  + imapc: Add imapc_features=fetch-bodystructure to pass through remote
>    server's FETCH BODY and BODYSTRUCTURE.
>  + imapc: Add quota=imapc backend to use GETQUOTA/GETQUOTAROOT on the
>    remote server.
>  + passdb imap: Add allow_invalid_cert and ssl_ca_file parameters.
>  + If dovecot.index.cache corruption is detected, reset only the one
>    corrupted mail instead of the whole file.
>  + doveadm mailbox status: Add "firstsaved" field.
>  + director_flush_socket: Add old host's up/down and vhost count as
> parameters
>  - More fixes to automatically fix corruption in dovecot.list.index
>  - dsync-server: Fix support for dsync_features=empty-header-workaround
>  - imapc: Various bugfixes, including infinite loops on some errors
>  - IMAP NOTIFY wasn't working for non-INBOX if IMAP client hadn't
>    enabled modseq tracking via CONDSTORE/QRESYNC.
>  - fts-lucene: Fix it to work again with mbox format
>  - Some internal error messages may have contained garbage in v2.2.29
>  - mail-crypt: Re-encrypt when copying/moving mails and per-mailbox keys
>    are used. Otherwise the copied mails can't be opened.
>  - vpopmail: Fix compiling

Upgraded a 2.2.29 to this one and all hell broke loose! All users (MS
Outlook!) were being prompted for mail password! They'd enter it, mail is
fetched, and on the next check (even though the password had always been
saved) they'd be prompted again. So I quickly reverted to 2.2.29 and peace
prevailed.

Now I am just wondering what exactly is causing this and how to fix it if I
am to come to 2.2.30.1

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,