virtual isp address, local delivery

Hugh Bragg hughbragg at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 7 01:18:50 EEST 2017

I'm trying to understand how to deliver mail to an address locally which
is popped from my isps email account.

I access and keep these emails backed up on dovecot and use postfix smtp
to deliver mail.

The problem is that while fetchmail uses dovecot lda directly, postfix
can't include my isps domain in its $mydestination because I won't be
able to send mail to other users in that domain.

I want to be able to send mail to other users I'm popping for in that
domain, or even send myself mail.

Currently postfix just relays the mail to the isp and it returns through
fetchmail, but I'd like to have it delivered locally and still be able
to email my isp users that I don't pop.

As far as I can tell, this can't be done because virtual users have to
be in postfix $mydestination.

Does someone have a better setup they can share or know how to do this?

Hugh