2.2.30.2 fails to compile on centos 7

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Jun 7 04:07:05 EEST 2017

On 07/06/17 12:52, Eric Broch wrote:
> It compiled fine for me using rpmbuild on CentOS 7

Using rpmbuild directly is a crapshoot because you never know what cruft
is left over from previous builds or other activity on the box.  If you
want consistent, reproducible results then you really should be building
in a clean chroot environment which is exactly what mock does for you.

I highly suspect that this is a case where the op's build was just
messed up by something left over in his build environment from before.

Peter