Dovecot LDAP using custom field to allow users to connect

Michael JOIGNY mjoigny at neteven.com
Wed Jun 7 12:48:13 EEST 2017

Hi all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to add a custom field when the
authentification is made by users.

My boolean custom field will be for example "AllowUser" (false/true).

I'm trying to do something like that but it's not working :

/user_filter =
(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%u)(objectClass=myclass)(AllowUser=TRUE))/

This is my dovecot/ldap configuration below :

/*# dovecot.conf*
/
/passdb {//
//  driver = ldap//
//  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf//
//}/

*# dovecot-ldap.conf*

/hosts = myurl:myport//
//dn = cn=myuser,dc=mydomain,dc=com//
//dnpass = ********//
//a//uth_bind = yes//
//auth_bind_userdn = uid=%u,ou=users,dc=mydomain,dc=com//
//ldap_version = 3//
//base = ou=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com//
//scope = base//
//default_pass_scheme = SSHA512