2nd try: Thunderbird "Empty Trash" causes inconsistent IMAP session state?

awl1 awl1 at gmx.net
Wed Jun 7 23:19:08 EEST 2017

Hello Aki,

please find attached the debug log from another incident, this time with
IMAP session ID (<yH0lKWRRpNHAqOh5>) in the logs and with
"mail_debug=yes" in dovecot.conf.

I can consistently reproduce the "inconsistent state" error message by
the following steps from the most recent Thunderbird version (52.1.1, on
64-bit Linux Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS):

  * copy a folder (in the sample log: named "Dilbert") with several mail
    messages from my mail provider remote IMAP account into my local
    Dovecot archive account
  * delete this folder from the Dovecot archive account into the Trash
    folder
  * empty the Trash folder from Thunderbird
  * immediately, the message about "inconsistent IMAP session state"
    appears in the dovecot-info.log

In case the log even with mail_debug=yes again is no real help (which I
fear to be the case, as to me, the log looks very similar to the
previous log), would you be able to insert some additional debug log
statements into Dovecot code at some appropriate places, and let me try
again with such an additional debug version?

Many thanks & best regards
Andreas