[Dovecot] Dovecot stops with "Fatal: kevent(): Invalid argument"

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 9 23:36:55 EEST 2017

On 9 Jun 2017, at 16.29, geoffroy desvernay <dgeo at centrale-marseille.fr> wrote:

> dovecot: master: Panic: kevent() failed: Invalid argument

     [EINVAL]		The specified time limit or filter is invalid.

Because this was the main kevent() call, I think it means that the time limit was invalid. But I wonder what exactly that means. Is it too low or too high? Do you have a core dump you could debug? Would be interesting to see what the value of "ts" is. Or you could try adding the attached patch and if it happens again, it would log ts's value.