Need Help to analyze the error or is it a bug?

Dipl.-Ing. Harald E. Langner hlangner at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jun 15 01:45:04 EEST 2017

After done an update to dovecot-2.2.30.2

my connection is broken since days.

all what I try every time the same error:

Jun 15 00:02:18 auth: Error: auth: environment corrupt; missing value
for DOVECOT_
Jun 15 00:02:18 auth: Fatal: unsetenv(RESTRICT_SETUID) failed: Bad address
Jun 15 00:02:18 master: Error: service(auth): command startup failed,
throttling for 2 secs

I try this:

# doveadm -Dv auth test -x service=imap theusername mypassword

output:

Debug: Loading modules from directory: /usr/local/lib/dovecot
Debug: Module loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lib20_virtual_plugin.so
Debug: Loading modules from directory: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/doveadm
Debug: Skipping module doveadm_acl_plugin, because dlopen() failed:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_acl_plugin.so: Undefined
symbol "acl_user_module" (this is usually intentional, so just ignore
this message)
Debug: Skipping module doveadm_expire_plugin, because dlopen() failed:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_expire_plugin.so: Undefined
symbol "expire_set_lookup" (this is usually intentional, so just ignore
this message)
Debug: Skipping module doveadm_quota_plugin, because dlopen() failed:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/doveadm/lib10_doveadm_quota_plugin.so: Undefined
symbol "quota_user_module" (this is usually intentional, so just ignore
this message)
Debug: Skipping module doveadm_fts_plugin, because dlopen() failed:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/doveadm/lib20_doveadm_fts_plugin.so: Undefined
symbol "fts_filter_filter" (this is usually intentional, so just ignore
this message)
Debug: Skipping module doveadm_mail_crypt_plugin, because dlopen()
failed: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/doveadm/libdoveadm_mail_crypt_plugin.so:
Undefined symbol "mail_crypt_user_get_public_key" (this is usually
intentional, so just ignore this message)
Error: Timeout waiting for handshake from auth server. my pid=63521,
input bytes=0
Fatal: Couldn't connect to auth socket

dlopen() failed, Undefined symbols ... Is this a bug?

How do I check what is going wrong with this auth socket error?

2nd) I'm using

dovecot.conf
       protocols = imap lmtp
       !include conf.d/*.conf

10-auth.conf ,

10-master.conf,

auth-passwdfile.conf.ext,

10-ssl.conf

and 10-logging.conf (all logs are on)

All others, form the 29 configuration files, I haven't touch. It has
worked, before I have done the update. What has changed? For what in the
*.conf should I locking for?

Thanks a lot.