10-ssl ssl = no but dovecot still reads certs

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Fri Jun 16 11:29:02 EEST 2017

I'm bringing up a new email server starting without TLS initially. In
10-ssl.conf I set ssl = no, but the default ssl_cert and ssl_key
lines are not commented out. I got the obvious error message:
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration
file /usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf line 12: ssl_cert: Can't
open file /etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem: No such file or
directory /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dovecot: WARNING: failed to start dovecot