Dovecot >=2.2.29 + Filesystem quota = incorrect storage information

Macka dovecot at macka.pl
Wed Jun 21 18:46:54 EEST 2017

W dniu 20.06.2017 o 21:25, Timo Sirainen pisze:
> On 20 Jun 2017, at 15.49, Macka <dovecot at macka.pl> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have problem with quota storage information in dovecot-2.2.29 (and
>> newer versions, too - 2.2.30.2).
>> I use FS quota backend.
> .
>> After upgrade from 2.2.27 to 2.2.29 (newest 2.2.30.2 too), dovecot
>> returns incorrect informations about quota storage:
> Hmm. There are zero differences in quota-fs code between 2.2.27 and 2.2.30. Are you sure the difference isn't something else than Dovecot version?

You are probably right.

It took me some time but it looks like the problem is in the glibc-2.25
library or rather in the header files used during the compilation (or
maybe in something else). I recompiled (.src.rpm's from PLD linux
distribution) v2.2.27 and v2.2.30.2 on another machine with glibc-2.24
and then I installed them on a machine with glibc-2.25 libraries.

Both dovecot's versions correctly show used space.

All dovecot's versions, compiled on a machine with glibc-2.25 and
installed on the same machine, returns incorrect account used space.

Found differences quota.h files but do not know if it depends on it?

*/usr/include/sys/quota.h (from glibc-headers-2.24-4.x86_64) - 7974 bytes*
/* This just represents the non-kernel parts of <linux/quota.h>.
 *
 * here's the corresponding copyright:
 * Copyright (c) 1982, 1986 Regents of the University of California.
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * This code is derived from software contributed to Berkeley by
 * Robert Elz at The University of Melbourne.
 *
 * are met:
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 * 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
 *    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
 *    without specific prior written permission.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
 * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE
 * ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL
 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
STRICT
 * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

#ifndef _SYS_QUOTA_H
#define _SYS_QUOTA_H 1

#include <features.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

/*
 * Select between different incompatible quota versions.
 * Default to the version used by Linux kernel version 2.4.22
 * or later.  */
#ifndef _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION
# define _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION 2
#endif

/*
 * Convert diskblocks to blocks and the other way around.
 * currently only to fool the BSD source. :-)
 */
#define dbtob(num) ((num) << 10)
#define btodb(num) ((num) >> 10)

/*
 * Convert count of filesystem blocks to diskquota blocks, meant
 * for filesystems where i_blksize != BLOCK_SIZE
 */
#define fs_to_dq_blocks(num, blksize) (((num) * (blksize)) / BLOCK_SIZE)

/*
 * Definitions for disk quotas imposed on the average user
 * (big brother finally hits Linux).
 *
 * The following constants define the amount of time given a user
 * before the soft limits are treated as hard limits (usually resulting
 * in an allocation failure). The timer is started when the user crosses
 * their soft limit, it is reset when they go below their soft limit.
 */
#define MAX_IQ_TIME  604800     /* (7*24*60*60) 1 week */
#define MAX_DQ_TIME  604800     /* (7*24*60*60) 1 week */

#define MAXQUOTAS 2
#define USRQUOTA  0             /* element used for user quotas */
#define GRPQUOTA  1             /* element used for group quotas */

/*
 * Definitions for the default names of the quotas files.
 */
#define INITQFNAMES { \
   "user",      /* USRQUOTA */ \
   "group",   /* GRPQUOTA */ \
   "undefined", \
};

#define QUOTAFILENAME "quota"
#define QUOTAGROUP "staff"

#define NR_DQHASH 43          /* Just an arbitrary number any
suggestions ? */
#define NR_DQUOTS 256         /* Number of quotas active at one time */

/*
 * Command definitions for the 'quotactl' system call.
 * The commands are broken into a main command defined below
 * and a subcommand that is used to convey the type of
 * quota that is being manipulated (see above).
 */
#define SUBCMDMASK  0x00ff
#define SUBCMDSHIFT 8
#define QCMD(cmd, type)  (((cmd) << SUBCMDSHIFT) | ((type) & SUBCMDMASK))

#if _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION < 2
# define Q_QUOTAON  0x0100      /* enable quotas */
# define Q_QUOTAOFF 0x0200      /* disable quotas */
# define Q_GETQUOTA 0x0300      /* get limits and usage */
# define Q_SETQUOTA 0x0400      /* set limits and usage */
# define Q_SETUSE   0x0500      /* set usage */
# define Q_SYNC     0x0600      /* sync disk copy of a filesystems quotas */
# define Q_SETQLIM  0x0700      /* set limits */
# define Q_GETSTATS 0x0800      /* get collected stats */
# define Q_RSQUASH  0x1000      /* set root_squash option */
#else
# define Q_SYNC     0x800001    /* sync disk copy of a filesystems quotas */
# define Q_QUOTAON  0x800002    /* turn quotas on */
# define Q_QUOTAOFF 0x800003    /* turn quotas off */
# define Q_GETFMT   0x800004    /* get quota format used on given
filesystem */
# define Q_GETINFO  0x800005    /* get information about quota files */
# define Q_SETINFO  0x800006    /* set information about quota files */
# define Q_GETQUOTA 0x800007    /* get user quota structure */
# define Q_SETQUOTA 0x800008    /* set user quota structure */
# define Q_GETNEXTQUOTA 0x800009        /* get disk limits and usage >=
ID */
#endif

/*
 * The following structure defines the format of the disk quota file
 * (as it appears on disk) - the file is an array of these structures
 * indexed by user or group number.
 */
#if _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION < 2
struct dqblk
  {
    u_int32_t dqb_bhardlimit;   /* absolute limit on disk blks alloc */
    u_int32_t dqb_bsoftlimit;   /* preferred limit on disk blks */
    u_int32_t dqb_curblocks;    /* current block count */
    u_int32_t dqb_ihardlimit;   /* maximum # allocated inodes */
    u_int32_t dqb_isoftlimit;   /* preferred inode limit */
    u_int32_t dqb_curinodes;    /* current # allocated inodes */
    time_t dqb_btime;           /* time limit for excessive disk use */
    time_t dqb_itime;           /* time limit for excessive files */
  };
#else

/* Flags that indicate which fields in dqblk structure are valid.  */
#define QIF_BLIMITS     1
#define QIF_SPACE       2
#define QIF_ILIMITS     4
#define QIF_INODES      8
#define QIF_BTIME       16
#define QIF_ITIME       32
#define QIF_LIMITS      (QIF_BLIMITS | QIF_ILIMITS)
#define QIF_USAGE       (QIF_SPACE | QIF_INODES)
#define QIF_TIMES       (QIF_BTIME | QIF_ITIME)
#define QIF_ALL         (QIF_LIMITS | QIF_USAGE | QIF_TIMES)

struct dqblk
  {
    u_int64_t dqb_bhardlimit;   /* absolute limit on disk quota blocks
alloc */
    u_int64_t dqb_bsoftlimit;   /* preferred limit on disk quota blocks */
    u_int64_t dqb_curspace;     /* current quota block count */
    u_int64_t dqb_ihardlimit;   /* maximum # allocated inodes */
    u_int64_t dqb_isoftlimit;   /* preferred inode limit */
    u_int64_t dqb_curinodes;    /* current # allocated inodes */
    u_int64_t dqb_btime;        /* time limit for excessive disk use */
    u_int64_t dqb_itime;        /* time limit for excessive files */
    u_int32_t dqb_valid;        /* bitmask of QIF_* constants */
  };
#endif

/*
 * Shorthand notation.
 */
#define dq_bhardlimit   dq_dqb.dqb_bhardlimit
#define dq_bsoftlimit   dq_dqb.dqb_bsoftlimit
#if _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION < 2
# define dq_curblocks   dq_dqb.dqb_curblocks
#else
# define dq_curspace    dq_dqb.dqb_curspace
# define dq_valid       dq_dqb.dqb_valid
#endif
#define dq_ihardlimit   dq_dqb.dqb_ihardlimit
#define dq_isoftlimit   dq_dqb.dqb_isoftlimit
#define dq_curinodes    dq_dqb.dqb_curinodes
#define dq_btime        dq_dqb.dqb_btime
#define dq_itime        dq_dqb.dqb_itime

#define dqoff(UID)      ((loff_t)((UID) * sizeof (struct dqblk)))

#if _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION < 2
struct dqstats
  {
    u_int32_t lookups;
    u_int32_t drops;
    u_int32_t reads;
    u_int32_t writes;
    u_int32_t cache_hits;
    u_int32_t pages_allocated;
    u_int32_t allocated_dquots;
    u_int32_t free_dquots;
    u_int32_t syncs;
  };
#else

/* Flags that indicate which fields in dqinfo structure are valid.  */
# define IIF_BGRACE     1
# define IIF_IGRACE     2
# define IIF_FLAGS      4
# define IIF_ALL        (IIF_BGRACE | IIF_IGRACE | IIF_FLAGS)

struct dqinfo
  {
    u_int64_t dqi_bgrace;
    u_int64_t dqi_igrace;
    u_int32_t dqi_flags;
    u_int32_t dqi_valid;
  };
#endif

__BEGIN_DECLS

extern int quotactl (int __cmd, const char *__special, int __id,
                     caddr_t __addr) __THROW;

__END_DECLS

#endif /* sys/quota.h */

*/usr/include/sys/quota.h (from glibc-headers-2.25-2.x86_64) - 5170 bytes*
/* This just represents the non-kernel parts of <linux/quota.h>.
   Copyright (C) 1998-2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   This file is part of the GNU C Library.

   The GNU C Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
   modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
   License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
   version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

   The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
   Lesser General Public License for more details.

   You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
   License along with the GNU C Library; if not, see
   <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.  */

/*
[...]

#include <linux/quota.h>

/*
 * Convert diskblocks to blocks and the other way around.
 * currently only to fool the BSD source. :-)
 */
#define dbtob(num) ((num) << 10)
#define btodb(num) ((num) >> 10)

/*
 * Convert count of filesystem blocks to diskquota blocks, meant for
 * filesystems where i_blksize != 1024.
 */
#define fs_to_dq_blocks(num, blksize) (((num) * (blksize)) / 1024)

/*
 * Definitions for disk quotas imposed on the average user
 * (big brother finally hits Linux).
 *
 * The following constants define the amount of time given a user
 * before the soft limits are treated as hard limits (usually resulting
 * in an allocation failure). The timer is started when the user crosses
 * their soft limit, it is reset when they go below their soft limit.
 */
#define MAX_IQ_TIME  604800     /* (7*24*60*60) 1 week */
#define MAX_DQ_TIME  604800     /* (7*24*60*60) 1 week */

#define QUOTAFILENAME "quota"
#define QUOTAGROUP "staff"

#define NR_DQHASH 43          /* Just an arbitrary number any
suggestions ? */
#define NR_DQUOTS 256         /* Number of quotas active at one time */

/* Old name for struct if_dqblk.  */
struct dqblk
  {
[...]

/* Old name for struct if_dqinfo.  */