Courier migration to dovecot

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 17:25:07 EEST 2017

On 23 June 2017 at 15:57, j.emerlik <j.emerlik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm almost ready to migrate Courier to Dovecot 2.2.31 but I have one
> question about home and mail directory.
>
> It's good idea to have same directory form home and mail ?
>
> Which scenerio will be better and why ?
>
> For example:
>
> A)
> Home: /home/doamin/user1
> Mail: /home/doamin/user1
>
> B)
> Home: /home/doamin/user1/home
> Mail: /home/doamin/user1
>
> C)
> Home: /home/doamin/user1/
> Mail: /home/doamin/user1/mail
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Jack

Just wondering why you have to debate this, because it should depend on
where your mail is currently stored. Dovecot will find it when you set the
correct mail_location and the correct authentication - userdb/passdb - in
whatever option you chose in /conf.d/10-auth.conf. I'd only be worried
about whether users who left mail on the server are forced to fetch them
again or if the migration is transparent.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,