Limit IMAP/IMAPS listening IPs

Marcus Rueckert darix at opensu.se
Sun Jun 25 17:10:18 EEST 2017

On 2017-06-24 17:59, Dudi Goldenberg wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I am running dovecot v2.2.13 on debian 8.8;
>
> I tried to add a "address =" statement for only localhost and one
> private IP, but then I got a complaint from system:
>
> dovecot[20515]: Error: systemd listens on port 143, but it's not
> configured in Dovecot. Closing.
>
> What is the proper way to resolve this?

$ mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/dovecot.socket.d
$ vim /etc/systemd/system/dovecot.socket.d/ports.conf

content:

[Socket]
# unset all ports defined in the global file
ListenStream=
# add our new ports
ListenStream=[1.2.3.4]:143

$ systemctl daemon-reload
$ systemctl restart dovecot.socket dovecot.service

--
            openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
                openSUSE is good for you