Install locks up my server

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 27 00:42:31 EEST 2017

On 26 Jun 2017, at 23.19, Marc Perkel <marc at perkel.com> wrote:

> Ever since 2.26 I haven't been able to upgrade. In fact the install locks up my server.
>
> I get into and infinite recursive loop where the config-guess program calls itself until the server locks up from overload.
>
> I'm running Centos 6 under OpenVZ.
>
> What am I missing? I think there's a serious bug.
>
> 31233 pts/3    S      0:00 /bin/sh ./config.guess
> 31235 pts/3    S      0:00  \_ /bin/sh ./config.guess
> 31238 pts/3    S      0:00      \_ /bin/sh ./config.guess
> 31240 pts/3    S      0:00          \_ /bin/sh ./config.guess

I think I remember seeing this before, but unfortunately can't remember what the solution was. Maybe it was something something messed up in the OS or in the build directory. Are you compiling from the tarballs? So it's the "configure" that fails? Also if you run "./config.guess" manually? What's the output if you run "bash -x ./config.guess"?