Auth Policy Server

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Fri Jun 30 21:49:18 EEST 2017

I've made a preliminary auth policy server in Perl - and it sort of
works (mostly) - but I've got some questions on "proper" implementation.

It appears the communication is HTTP based - is the intent to talk to a
"proper" webserver, or is a simple dedicated daemon appropriate (which
is what I made)?

Should connections be maintained, or terminated after each response
(which is my current setup)?

If my implementation is correct, I may have found a bug, as I have some
log entries like:

Jun 30 08:24:20 bubba dovecot: imap-login: Warning: Auth connection
closed with 1 pending requests (max 31 secs, pid=10253, EOF)
Jun 30 08:24:20 bubba dovecot: auth: Fatal: master: service(auth): child
31631 killed with signal 11 (core dumped)

Guidance would be appreciated.

--
Daniel