Exclude namespace from replication

George Kontostanos gkontos.mail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:48:09 UTC 2017

Hello list,

I am using replication with dsync and I am facing some issues with
shared folders. More particularly expunged message reappearing. I have
searched a bit and it was suggested that shared folders should not be
synced.

My namespace looks like that:

namespace {
  inbox = no
  list = children
  location = maildir:/usr/local/vhosts/mail/%%d/%%n:LAYOUT=fs:INDEX=/usr/local/vhosts/indexes/%d/%n/shared/%%u:INDEXPVT=/usr/local/vhosts/indexes/%d/%n/shared/%%u
  prefix = shared/%%d/%%n/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = shared
}

I was wondering if defining:

replication_dsync_parameters = -d -N -l 30 -U -x shared

Is enough. Or do I need to change the syntax of the namespace like that:

namespace shared {
type = shared
}

Thanks for your help