Faster way to import Thunderbird pop emails into dovecot imap Maildirs?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 21:11:45 UTC 2017

On Mar 2, 2017 2:11 AM, "Steffen Kaiser" <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de>
wrote:

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017, Ian Evans wrote:

I'm sure someone here is going to point me to some eureka moment method of
> exporting the thunderbird folders to some format, sftp'ing them to the
> server and importing. Just want to be careful that I don't mess up the
> current batch of emails on the imap server.

Some time ago Thunderbird was using mbox-style format to store messages
locally. It this is true today and for your installation, you can try the
mb2md scripts:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/MailFormat

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.