IMAP MOVE command with FTS

TACHIBANA Masashi tachibana at qualitia.co.jp
Fri Mar 3 00:41:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm using Dovecot 2.2.28 with fts.
It seems to work fine almost things.
But I found a bug (or my setting problem?)

My setting is "fts_autoindex=yes" in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-fts.conf
Then, I have mailboxes like bellow:

a/lot
a/lot/of

There are some mails is in "a/lot" folder, then create sub like:

a/lot/of/apples

And move the mails from "a/lot" to "a/lot/of/apples" by MOVE command.

In this case, FTS function fts_backend_xx_update_expunge is called.
But fts_backend_xx_update_set_build_key is not called.

Another case, follow functions are called and mails will be indexed.

fts_backend_xx_update_expunge()
fts_backend_xx_update_set_build_key()

By the way, in the first case, I tried a command as bellow, then
the mails ware indexed correctly:

# doveadm index -u user1 at example.com \*

I think MOVE is better way to move mails than COPY+FLAG DEL+EXPUNGE.
My settings problem?
Any hints?

Regards,

--