Upgrade from 2.0. to 2.2

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Fri Mar 3 11:22:04 UTC 2017

Hello, we have a centos 6 server running dovecot 2.0 provided with the
OS, currently 2.0.9. We would like to upgrade to the 2.2.19 package
provided by the mailserver.guru repo. I read the upgrading docs for 2.1
and 2.2 and found the following issues:

2.0 - 2.1:
- define namespace inbox or delete 15-mailboxes.conf (we do not "care
about special use mailboxes")
- plugins and UTF-8: we do not use one of the listed plugins
- to allow mixed usernames set auth_username_format to "nothing"
- solr backend: not used in our setup
- expire plugin: not used
- dsync: not used
2.1 - 2.2
- fts-solr: not used (?)
- autocreate: not used
- other changes: trivial or not used

Are there other things that we need to observe? Is a direct update from
2.0.9 to 2.2.19 feasible with the above precautions or do we need to put
in a 2.1 version in between?

Thank you for hints,
Jakob