Director+NFS Experiences

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Fri Mar 3 16:14:37 UTC 2017

Il 23/02/2017 23:08, Mark Moseley ha scritto:
> As someone who is about to begin the process of moving from maildir to
> mdbox on NFS (and therefore just about to start the 'director-ization' of
> everything) for ~6.5m mailboxes, I'm curious if anyone can share any
> experiences with it. The list is surprisingly quiet about this subject, and
> articles on google are mainly just about setting director up. I've yet to
> stumble across an article about someone's experiences with it.
Hi,

in the past I did some consulting for ISPs with 4-5mln mailboxes, they
had "only" 6 Director and about 30 or more Dovecot backend.

About NFS, I had some trouble with Maildir, Director and NFSv4, I don't
know if was a problem of client (Debian 6) or storage (NetApp Ontap 8.1)
but with NFSv3 work fine. Now we should try again with Centos 6/7 and
NFSv4.1.

--
Alessio Cecchi
Postmaster @ http://www.qboxmail.it