Upgrade from 2.0. to 2.2

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Mon Mar 6 08:40:48 UTC 2017

Am 03.03.2017 um 12:45 schrieb Aki Tuomi:

> On 2017-03-03 13:22, Jakob Curdes wrote:
>> Hello, we have a centos 6 server running dovecot 2.0 provided with
>> the OS, currently 2.0.9. We would like to upgrade to the 2.2.19
>> package provided by the mailserver.guru repo. I read the upgrading
>> docs for 2.1 and 2.2 and found the following issues:
(...)
>> Are there other things that we need to observe? Is a direct update
>> from 2.0.9 to 2.2.19 feasible with the above precautions or do we
>> need to put in a 2.1 version in between?
>>
>> Thank you for hints,
>> Jakob
>
> I would also consider possibility of upgrading the server too, so you
> would instead setup a new environment and migrate your users there
> instead of upgrading the old server. This way you could make sure
> everything works.

Well, then I have a different problem because in this way I upgrade the
complete environment to eg. CentOS 7 and will need to test a plethora of
other things.
I'd rather stick to the current system (which ist not "old", just the
dovecot package in CentOS 6 is "old").

Ok so no other problems known?

Regards, Jakob