Replication Troubles

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wogri at wogri.com
Thu Mar 16 20:57:28 EET 2017

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 15:51, Wolfgang Hennerbichler <wogri at wogri.com> wrote:
> Thank you, I can confirm that after the migration to sdbox I don’t see those errors anymore.

Turns out that message still re-appear although all my mailboxes are converted to sdbox. The most likely case for a message to re-appear is that an unread message in the inbox is deleted. On the next imap sync it re-appears (only sometimes, not always). Although this time the server does not log any errors. This is my current dovecot config:

# dovecot -n
# 2.2.27 (c0f36b0): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.16 (fed8554)
# OS: Linux 4.9.4 x86_64 Debian 8.7 ext4
auth_verbose = yes
debug_log_path = /var/log/dovecot.debug
doveadm_password =  # hidden, use -P to show it
first_valid_gid = 106
first_valid_uid = 104
hostname = localhost
last_valid_gid = 106
last_valid_uid = 104
mail_gid = dovecot
mail_location = sdbox:/var/mail/sdbox/%n
mail_plugins = quota fts fts_lucene virtual notify replication
mail_temp_dir = /var/lib/dovecot/tmp
mail_uid = dovecot
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate mime foreverypart extracttext editheader
namespace {
 list = children
 location = virtual:/var/mail/virtual/%n
 prefix = virtual.
 separator = .
}
namespace inbox {
 inbox = yes
 list = yes
 location =
 mailbox "Deleted Messages" {
   auto = subscribe
   special_use = \Trash
 }
 mailbox Drafts {
   special_use = \Drafts
 }
 mailbox Junk {
   special_use = \Junk
 }
 mailbox Sent {
   special_use = \Sent
 }
 mailbox "Sent Messages" {
   auto = no
   special_use = \Sent
 }
 mailbox Spam {
   auto = subscribe
   special_use = \Junk
 }
 mailbox Trash {
   special_use = \Trash
 }
 prefix =
 separator = .
 subscriptions = yes
 type = private
}
passdb {
 args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
 driver = ldap
}
plugin {
 default_language = de
 fts = lucene
 fts_lucene = whitespace_chars=@.
 mail_replica = tcp:172.16.1.2:12345
 quota = count:User quota
 quota_rule = *:storage=6G
 quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+200M
 quota_rule3 = Spam:ignore
 quota_vsizes = yes
 quota_warning = storage=95%% quota-warning 95 %u
 quota_warning2 = storage=80%% quota-warning 80 %u
 sieve = /etc/sieve/%n.sieve
 sieve_default = /etc/sieve/default.sieve
 sieve_dir = ~/sieve
 sieve_extensions = +editheader
}
pop3_deleted_flag = $POP3Deleted
postmaster_address = postmaster at wogri.at
protocols = " imap lmtp sieve pop3"
service aggregator {
 fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
   user = dovecot
 }
 unix_listener replication-notify {
   user = dovecot
 }
}
service doveadm {
 inet_listener {
   port = 12345
 }
}
service imap-postlogin {
 executable = script-login /usr/local/bin/mail-location.sh
}
service imap {
 process_limit = 1024
}
service lmtp {
 inet_listener lmtp {
   port = 2003
 }
 unix_listener lmtp {
   user = dovecot
 }
 user = dovecot
}
service managesieve-login {
 inet_listener sieve {
   port = 4190
 }
 service_count = 1
}
service pop3 {
 process_limit = 1024
}
service quota-warning {
 executable = script /usr/local/sbin/quota-warning.sh
 unix_listener quota-warning {
   user = dovecot
 }
 user = dovecot
}
service replicator {
 process_min_avail = 1
 unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
   mode = 0600
 }
}
ssl = required
ssl_cert = </etc/dovecot/server.cert.pem
ssl_key =  # hidden, use -P to show it
userdb {
 args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
 driver = ldap
}
protocol lmtp {
 mail_plugins = quota sieve virtual notify replication
}
protocol lda {
 mail_plugins = quota fts fts_lucene virtual notify replication sieve
}
protocol imap {
 mail_max_userip_connections = 50
 mail_plugins = quota fts fts_lucene virtual notify replication imap_quota
}
protocol pop3 {
 mail_plugins = quota fts fts_lucene virtual notify replication
}
local 2a00:YYYY:XXXX::/64 {