sievec

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Mar 17 00:58:36 EET 2017

Op 3/16/2017 om 10:20 PM schreef Robert Moskowitz:
> I am building a new mailserver on Centos7.
>
> My sieve is created with:
>
> mkdir /home/sieve
> cat <<EOF>/home/sieve/globalfilter.sieve || exit 1
> require "fileinto";
>   if exists "X-Spam-Flag" {
>     if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "NO" {
>     } else {
>     fileinto "Spam";
>     stop;
>     }
>   }
>   if header :contains "subject" ["***SPAM***"] {
>     fileinto "Spam";
>     stop;
>   }
> EOF
>
> chown -R vmail:mail /home/sieve
>
> But in 90-sieve.conf there is the comment:
>
>   # A path to a global sieve script file, which gets executed ONLY
>   # if user's private Sieve script doesn't exist. Be sure to
>   # pre-compile this script manually using the sievec command line
>   # tool.
>   #sieve_global_path = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
>
> Do I run sievec on this script?

Yes.

> And I found the following comment on a blog, about 3 years old:
>
> 2: Having a user-defined sieve script will cancel out the global
> script for redirecting spam.
> In the dovecot.conf, get rid of the sieve_global_path and
> sieve_global_dir, and instead
> use: sieve_before = /path/to/global.sieve --
> what this will do is make sure that the global script runs before any
> user scripts,
> which allows the spam redirecting to actually work.
>
> What is current situation on this?

That is usually good advice. The sieve_global_path setting is now called
sieve_default, since it configures the default script for users that
don't have a personal one.

So, unless you want users to have the ability and necessity (!) to
create their own spam handling rules once they create a personal script,
use the sieve_before setting.

The sieve_before script also needs to be pre-compiled with sievec.

Regards,

Stephan.