Permission denied when logrotating dovecot.log

Michael Heuberger michael.heuberger at binarykitchen.com
Sun Mar 19 04:28:35 EET 2017

Well, I tried the same but it didn't work.

Setting my dovecot.log to 600 with root:root is breaking my mail system.
I am then unable to receive and open emails.

Had to apply an ugly hack

/var/log/dovecot*.log {
        su syslog syslog
        create 666 syslog syslog
        rotate 10
}

Like that anyone who wants to access/write to it, can do it and all works.

That's my problem. Do not know who/what/how to set this up correctly.

- Michael

--

Binary Kitchen
Michael Heuberger

Mobile (text only) ...  +64 21 261 89 81
Email ................  michael at binarykitchen.com
Website ..............  http://www.binarykitchen.com