Server migration

chaouche yacine yacinechaouche at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 10:07:45 EET 2017

Don't lose any of the dovecot-* files and your clients should be fine. I've done 1) a couple of times and nobody got hurt.What you should do is keep the two servers (the old and the new one), and once the new one is ready test with your client only (change your client's IMAP/POP server settings). Once you make sure it works right, you can change the config for the other clients.
I have no idea about 2)

  -- Yassine.