doveadm proxy password

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Mar 20 16:55:38 EET 2017

Hi,

	I'm configuring a proxy host to connect to backend servers. As proxy is
done based on an LDAP attribute of the user, I'm not using director.

	In the proxy server I have configured:

doveadm_port = 24245
doveadm_password = secret

	And in the backend:

service doveadm {
   inet_listener  {
     port = 24245
   }
}

local <mynetwork> {
         doveadm_password = secret
}

	But when I run a doveadm command in the proxy I get:

amateo_adm at musio10:/etc/dovecot/conf.d$ sudo doveadm quota get -u
amateo at um.es
doveadm(amateo at um.es): Error: doveadm authentication failed ()
doveadm(amateo at um.es): Error: myotis50.um.es:24245: Command quota get
failed for amateo at um.es: EOF
Quota name Type Value Limit                                      %

	And in the backed I get:

Mar 20 15:52:01 myotis50 dovecot: doveadm: Error: doveadm client
authenticated with wrong password

	I have checked with tcpdump and in the command is sending the base64
encoding of "doveadmsecret"

	Any help?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez