Dovecot can't connect to openldap over starttls [REQUEST OF OPENLDAP]

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Mon Mar 20 18:42:01 EET 2017

> On March 20, 2017 at 5:28 PM info at gwarband.de wrote:
>

> Can sombody say something about this request?
>
> This is an email from the openldap-technical mailinglist from openldap.
>
> Systemdetails are mention in the other email.

Hi!
I just ran a quick test, and following things are needed:

uris = ldap://ldap.host.com
tls = yes
tls_ca_cert_file = /path/to/cert-bundle.crt

this has been tested with 2.2.28, and works just fine. Not sure why you are having issues.

Of course this could be anything between not finding compatible ciphers to the LDAP server actually expecting client certificate, what with the logs not actually being too verbose unfortunately. There isn't too much to "debug" in Dovecot's TLS implementation, it's not doing anything fancy asides from calling the ldap_start_tls_s.

I am not sure what debugging you could try further.

Aki