SIS and mailbox restore

Jean-Luc Oms jean-luc.oms at lirmm.fr
Wed Mar 22 13:06:38 EET 2017

Still on the problem with dovecot 2.2.27 ....

I use the single instance storage, and mdbox format. I use 2 zfs file
systems, one for mailboxes,  the other for attachements. I use znapzend
to generate many zfs snapshots for backup purpose (inode numbers are
preserved but it is unusefull).

When I try to restore a deleted/purged mailbox with doveadm import I get
the error of the first attachement missing in the SIS and the process stops.

Option 1: the python script is working but it's really too long.

    * I restore all the SIS missing files since the snapshot date,
preserving hard link count;

    * I restore the mailbox

    * I purge all the mailbox to delete the large number of unnecessery
files restored

Option 2: looking in the list archive I see that doveadm dump can guive
me the msg.ext-ref that was missing to my knowledge.

I try this use of doveadm dump:

doveadm dump /MySnapShot/vmail/user/mdbox/storage/m.*

Is this correct to get all the information I need ?

I have to write a script to get msg.ext-ref for a particular msf.guid,
or a specific mailbox

Is there a way with doveadm dump to extract this type of information for
a particular mailbox ?

Thanks for your support.

 Jean-Luc Oms
 STI-RéseauX - LIRMM - CNRS/UM2