dsync replication

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wogri at wogri.com
Fri Mar 31 21:46:30 EEST 2017

I have a ~2000 user mailcluster on a rbd blockdevice backed by ceph, it’s distributed over ~8 disks and works without any issues for more than 3 years now. Ceph is not so fast as DRBD but more flexible. I would not expect any issues with DRBD, except for the problem that logical failures (e. g. an accidental rm -rf /va/rmail) means your cluster is dead, whereas with dsync nothing is lost.

wogri