Problem with Userid

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Wed May 3 13:26:28 EEST 2017

On Tue, 2 May 2017 20:30:42 +0300
Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> wrote:

> You need to either drop or chown the mailbox file.
Dropped.
It gets recerated (I sent a test mail):
drwx------    2 alessandro_cmr               poppers   4096 May  3 12:13 alessandro_cmr/

and the previous error in lda-error.log goes away. Now I have:

May 03 12:13:08 lda(alessandro_cmr): Info: msgid=<CAJxYVAWfD2WaS+9L=1ZUvVygLKTsSQ=JOivCwS8r829mC4WkSQ at mail.g
mail.com>: save failed to open mailbox INBOX: Opening INBOX failed: Permission denied

in lda.error. I think this is due to permissions of the indexes, that
are in another location: (from my doveconf -n)

mail_location = mbox:/var/spool/mailboxes/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:DIRNAME=mbox:INDEX=/var/dovecot_indexes/%u

removing the directory /var/dovecot_indexes/alessandro_cmr fixes the
issue.

Should'nt dovecot-lda log the directory name in the lda-error.log file?
That would make debugging much easier...

Thanks a lot,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250