Dovecot/Sieve shortcuts?

Adam Shostack adam at shostack.org
Wed May 10 20:02:27 EEST 2017

Thanks!  This is super-interesting.

As I try to set up include, I get failures which may indicate a need
for more coffee, but in /etc/dovecot/cond.f/90-sieve.conf I have:

plugin {
  # Directory for :personal include scripts. The default is to use
  home directory.
      sieve_dir = %h/.sieve

  # Directory for :global include scripts (not to be confused with
    sieve_global_path).
        # If unset, the include fails.
	      sieve_global_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve/
	       }

In .sieve/mailinglist.sieve I have your file.

In my main .dovecot, I have a line

include :personal "mailinglist";

When I run sievec, I see:
sievec(adam): Debug: Effective uid=1000, gid=1000, home=/home/adam
.dovecot: line 181: error: included personal script
'mailinglist' does not exist.
.dovecot: error: validation failed.
sievec(adam): Error: failed to compile sieve script '.dovecot.sieve'

I've tried include "mailinglist" and "mailinglist.sieve"; I've tried
it in ~ and the .sieve directory.

All this follows https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Examples,
with the exception that I'm using .sieve rather than sieve as the
directory name.

Can someone point out where I'm failing?

Adam